This is history of what we have achieved.
The BDD Foundation began in 2006 by Ruth Ryan assisted by Stuart Chandler and Matt as a website providing information about BDD. It was set up by small group of individuals with BDD but they were unable to keep it going. The current trustees resurrected the brand and registered it as a charity in September 2013. We launched this website in February 2014.
This is what we’ve achieved this past year:
* An operations manager in place.
* Excellent pro-bono and volunteer support.
* An up-to-date, informative, and well maintained website.
* A growing number of support groups.
* An active social media presence with a strong following.
* Our first conference – The World’s First International Conference on BDD.
* Our eye-catching & informative film on BDD ‘You are Not Alone’.
* Work with the media to raise awareness.
* Donations and fundraising from a variety of sources (BIG thank-you to all of you who have donated/raised funds for us in the past year).