THEME: ‘YOUNG MINDS AND BODY DYSMORPHIC DISORDER: THE ART OF SELF-IMAGE’
The BDD Foundation is proud to announce that we will be hosting the third International Conference on Body Dysmorphic Disorder. It will take place on 9 November 2019 at Regent’s University London, Tuke Hall, Inner Circle, Regent’s Park, London, NW1 4NS from 9am to 5pm.
KEYNOTE BY PROFESSOR DAVID VEALE: ‘The Bullies Worm Their Way Inside Your Head’
The keynote speech this year will be delivered by Professor David Veale, who will be addressing the topic of Bullying. Professor Veale is one of the world leading experts in Body Dysmorphic Disorder.
SCREENING OF NEW BDD ANIMATION: A short animation by Salvador Maldonado, a triple bafta award winning and Oscar nominated animator and voiced by a young person with BDD.
This year, all delegates will be invited to the first public screening of an animation about BDD which was commissioned by the Foundation as part of a project aimed at raising awareness and understanding of the condition. The animation is voiced by a brave young person who describes what it is like to have BDD, receive treatment and start on their journey for recovery.
KEYNOTE BY TANYA GOODIN: ‘Digital Detox and the effects of Social Media on BDD’.
Tanya has spent her entire career focused on the interaction between people and technology. First as an award-winning digital entrepreneur, now as a digital detox evangelist, tech ethicist, and author. For 20+ years she was founder and CEO of one of the UK’s first digital marketing agencies, now she is a digital consultant to brands and schools and founder of digital detox movement Time To Log Off.
Attendees will get the opportunity to choose from and attend a selection of workshops & speeches at the BDD Conference 2019:
(Please note: All workshop/speakers are subject to change and are to be confirmed on the day. Many but not all workshop/speeches will be available on the livestream webinar – details of Conference Programme to be confirmed shortly.)
- Keynote: The Bullies worm their way inside your head by Professor David Veale.
- Keynote: Digital Detox and the effects of social media on BDD by Tanya Goodin.
- Keynote: Young Minds & BDD: past, present and future by Dr Amita Jassi from the Maudsley Hospital.
- Shame and Identity in BDD by Dr Nicole Schnackenberg.
- What to expect from treatment for BDD by Benedetta Monzani and Anne Marie O’Connor.
- Motivation for Treatment workshop led by individuals who have been through successful treatment for their BDD.
- Suicide and Prevention workshop by the charity Papyrus.
- Inspirational Speeches of Recovery & Hope
- New BDD Animation (yet to be titled) by Salvador Maldonado and voiced by a young person with BDD.
- Interactive Charcoal Drawing and Habit Reversal workshop for Compulsive Skin Picking by Liz Atkin and Simon Darnley.
- Exercise Addiction & Muscle Dysmorphia by Sean Houlihan and Dr Rob Willson.
- Support Groups
- Disordered Eating in BDD
- Coping with & supporting someone with BDD by Martin Anson and a parent with lived experience
- & more
Please note in order to reach out to more people, we will be filming the speeches and some of the workshops. Please be assured that the camera will be solely focused on the speakers and that all filming will be sensitively and discretely carried out. If you have any concerns about this, please do not hesitate to approach one of our volunteers on the day.
No matter where you live you can now attend the conference via the internet with the option to attend via WEBINAR/LIVESTREAM for a reduced ticket price.
If you wish to attend the conference this way, you will be emailed prior to the event with a password to gain access to the LIVE broadcast stream of the International Conference on Body Dysmorphic Disorder. Live broadcast will be from 9am – 5pm GMT.
PLEASE BE AWARE THE WEBINAR/LIVESTREAM BROADCAST ACCESS TICKET DOES NOT GIVE YOU ACCESS TO THE PHYSICAL CONFERENCE. YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO GAIN ENTRY TO THE BUILDING AT REGENT’S UNIVERSITY IF YOU ONLY HOLD A WEBINAR/LIVESTREAM TICKET.
To avoid disappointment please consider purchasing your ticket to the physical conference early as last year we were sold out in advance.
We look forward to seeing you in November for another successful event.
TO BUY YOUR TICKET NOW FOLLOW THIS LINK: