Get your tickets today
We are delighted to announce that tickets for the Virtual Conference on Saturday 26th June 2021 are now on sale!
The BDD Foundation and OCD Action have joined forces to bring our wide-reaching community together for a day of education, inspiration and connection. We know that as a community, we have been one of the hardest hit by the restrictions, fear and isolation of the past year, and that as we start to emerge from lockdown, new challenges will emerge too.
We believe that being part of a supportive community and connecting with one another will be at the core of our journey as we move forward together, and since this event is happening online, we can truly make this invitation global.
About the conference
On our main stage, BDD room and OCD room we’ll be hosting a range of world-renowned experts who will explore the latest breakthroughs in research, clinical practice, and emerging treatments. Meanwhile, our breakout rooms will include a jam-packed schedule of workshops, performances and opportunities to connect.
And you can experience all of this and more without even having to leave your home.
So join us as we give our community a platform to gather together and focus on the strength and resilience of people who have lived experience of OCD, BDD and BFRBs.
Reserve your place at the conference by purchasing a ticket for just £7.50
Who will be speaking at the conference?
Whether you want to hear about innovative treatments and research from leading international speakers, learn how to advocate for yourself and others responsibly, or simply want to meet new people and reconnect with old friends, there’s something for everyone!
We are delighted to announce a few of our keynote speakers:
- Dr Guy Doron, a clinical psychologist, researcher and senior lecturer at the School of Psychology at the Interdisciplinary Center (IDC) Herzliya. His main areas of interest include the understanding and treatment of ROCD and the development of mHealth applications for improving body image distress, low mood and obsessive compulsive symptoms.
- Danny Gray, an entrepreneur and mental health advocate with lived experience of BDD.
- Dr Amita Jassi, a Consultant Clinical Psychologist and lead for the national specialist BDD service for young people at South London and Maudsley NHS Trust.
- Dr Fugen Neziroglu, a certified behaviour and cognitive psychologist, and leading researcher on OCD related disorders and anxiety disorders.
- Professor David Nutt, a psychiatrist and the Edmond J. Safra Professor of Neuropsychopharmacology in Imperial College London. He is currently leading research into new forms of treatment using Psilocybin at Imperial College London.
- Dr Fred Penzel, a Clinical Psychologist, who specialises in Cognitive Behavioural treatment of OCD, BDD, Trichotillomania and Dermatillomania.
- Professor Katharine Phillips, a Professor of Psychiatry and Residency Research Director at Weill Cornell Medical College, who specialises in BDD.
- The TLC Foundation, a non profit organisation for Body-Focused Repetitive Behaviours.
- Professor David Veale, a Consultant Psychiatrist in Cognitive Behaviour Therapy at the South London and Maudsley NHS Trust who specialises in OCD and BDD.
…and many more!
We will be revealing more speakers and sessions over the coming weeks. Expect a full schedule of varied sessions, including art workshops, inspirational stories, live performances, peer support groups and more. Watch this space for updates!
What will the virtual conference look like?
The conference will capture the feeling of a physical event as much as possible, so we’ve created several virtual rooms for different types of sessions. We will have:
- a main stream for our keynote speakers
- break-out channels for a BDD room, an OCD room, a family room, support room, community room and more.
Seamlessly switch between them as you like, and experience all each space has to offer without even having to leave your home!
Get your tickets today for just £7.50
More stories from the community
Jun 1, 2023
Call for Research ProposalsRead More
May 26, 2023
Beating BDD Podcast #29 – Arie WinogradRead More
May 15, 2023
It’s Big Give Week – donate now!Read More
May 11, 2023
BBC Morning Live features BDD FoundationRead More
May 4, 2023
GQ Highlights Dangers of Muscle DysmorphiaRead More
Apr 28, 2023
We’re taking part in the Big Give!Read More
Apr 14, 2023
Triathlon FundraiserRead More
Apr 13, 2023
ABC News Reports on Muscle DysmorphiaRead More
Apr 13, 2023
The BDD Foundation speaks with The TimesRead More
Mar 17, 2023
Announcing our 10 year Anniversary ConferenceRead More
Feb 27, 2023
Monki x BDDFRead More
Feb 26, 2023
Beating BDD Podcast #28 – Tilly KayeRead More
Feb 16, 2023
Alex & Bryony’s West Highland Way FundraiserRead More
Feb 3, 2023